LABOUR of ART's Shop Policies
Thank you for visiting LABOUR OF ART - Leather Goods
LABOUR OF ART
Katia Plewnia (owner/designer/maker)
info [!at] labour-of-art.com
The ODR platform is operational as of 9 January 2016 (see press release(318 kB)) and made accessible in stages. It will become accessible to consumers and traders on 15 February 2016 under: http://ec.europa.eu/odr
I accept Pay Pal payments. You don’t need to have a paypal account in order to pay. You can pay with your debit or credit card directly on the PayPal site, as a PayPal guest.
Items are shipped within 3-5 business days of your payment.
Please keep in mind, that everything is made with Labour of Art and posted from The Netherlands. Items are shipped to the address you provide through this webshop. Your order will be sent when payment has been received. All orders are shipped with registered air mail (with tracking number) within 3-5 business days.
For orders within Europe it takes 3-5 days to ship.
For orders outside Europe allow 7-14 days.
Please be aware that customs random checks may delay receipt of your purchase by 1 - 2 weeks. Please be especially aware of this during any holiday season. If you purchase goods from outside the European Union, customs duty and/or Import VAT may be due and will be the responsibility of the purchaser.
Refunds and Exchanges
Returns are accepted 14 days after receiving your purchase. The item must be in an original state (tags and labels still on, new and not used) before returning. Please contact me via e-mail before doing so. The shipping costs for returned items are the buyers responsibility. The item must be safely packaged and be returned in its original condition. If any item should arrive in damaged condition please photograph the packaging before opening so that you are able to provide proof that damage occurred during transit.
Additional Policies and FAQs
All my designs are made by myself with love and labour of heart. Please allow small imperfections as they are part of the crafting proces. Since I am working with leather which is a natural material there may be minor imperfections which enhance the character and which I implemented in my designn. These marks will enrich the products by use and time. Please also keep in mind, that colour and texture of leather may slightly vary between pieces.
Please feel free to contact me via E-mail:info[at]labourofart.com
1. Information LABOUR OF ART Collects
To fulfil your order, you must provide LABOUR OF ART with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order for example), if you contact me directly.
2. LABOUR OF ART relys on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. LABOUR OF ART shares your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
4. Data Retention
5. Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
LABOUR OF ART may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
6. Your Rights
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, LABOUR OF ART is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at atelier[at]labourofart.com. Alternately, you may mail me at:
Katia Plewnia | Westerkade 30 | 3511HC Utrecht | The Netherlands